Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Brother's Weekend

Joey doesn't call home or email very often from college, but he scored big points with me when he invited his little brother to come spend the weekend with him in Iowa City. It was homecoming, and he was able to get an extra ticket for the game, so he invited Sam to stay with him at his apartment for the weekend.

He got to join Joey and his friends with lots of their homecoming activities from a concert on the Pentacrest to bowling, and of course, tailgating and the game. I know Sam will never forget the time he spent there!

I remember when I was Sam's age and I got to spend the night with my cousin Pam at her Iowa State dorm. I was fascinated by everything from the bunk beds to the elevators and I felt so special and grown up to be hanging out with college students. That created such an impression for me, so I'm grateful that Joe decided to do the same thing for his littlest brother.

No comments: