Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Final Week



This week marks the last chapter in his high school career. His senior baseball season has been a great one and his team was thrilled to qualify for the state tournament. This is exciting for our whole town because it's been 23 years since Boone has gone to state. Playing at Principal Park is a life long goal for Ben and he's never lost sight of that. I have to pinch myself when I realize this dream has actually become a reality for this group of boys. God has blessed them with talent and He has provided this amazing opportunity for them. What a way to end a season and high school career.

I think the town of Boone must have closed down for a few hours yesterday! I was so touched as I looked around the stadium at the sea of red and black and saw how many people showed up to cheer for the boys. I know it meant a lot to the team to have so much support. The team played well, won big and are now setting their sights on the next game. We are having a blast being a part of this.

Perry and I will definitely miss watching Ben play baseball next year. The families of the other players have become close friends. We've spent hours together on the bleachers and have made great memories traveling together to tournaments over the years.

I know the boys will miss playing ball together. They have been a team since they were nine years old. In a few days, most of them will put down their bats and gloves for good. A few weeks from now they will leave home for college and begin an exciting new chapter in life.

I know they will look back on this final season with no regrets. And that's a wonderful thing.


No comments: