Thursday, December 18, 2008

It's Just a Cold

Things I hate about having a cold:
----------------------------------------------------
Not being able to pronounce words. "Fun" becomes "fud."

Feeling my pulse in my teeth.

Stopping to gasp for breath while chewing food.

Sneezing immediately after applying mascara. My eyes slam shut forcefully, imprinting a grotesque looking set of extra eyelashes on my cheek.

Trying to imagine what things taste like, besides phlegm.

Wandering around the school, baffled because my fuzzy brain can't recall where I set down my diet coke.

The unattractive red chapped ring around each nostril from blowing and wiping.

Feeling like I need to bleach my hands along with everything I touch.

Making disturbing whistling and crackling noises when I breathe.

Not having time to reach into my pocket and grab a wad of kleenex in time to catch the sudden stream of body fluid before it flows out of my nose.

A day too late, finding my diet coke exploded in the freezer of the teacher's lounge.




1 comment:

Iowa State Fans said...

You poor thing :( Feel better. I can't tell you how many times I have exploded a can of pop in the freezer...that made me laugh out loud :)