Friday, August 15, 2008

The Dogfather

You know that famous scene from the movie, The Godfather? The man is sleeping and wakes up in horror to find a horse's head in bed with him? Well, I had a similar reaction when I woke up this morning. Perry's alarm rang, I rolled over and turned on the light. Then I felt something curiously damp and gritty beside me. I turned and to my horror, discovered that I'd been sleeping next to a humongous pile of dog vomit !

How did a dog vomit next to my head in the night and I didn't notice? Am I sleeping so sound now that I've gone back to work that ALL my senses have stopped working? This morning as I'm washing the sheets, I wonder if one of the dogs should be taken to the vet today or is really trying to "reason" with me, Don Corleone style?

No comments: