Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Feeding the Masses

Apparently, our house is the new designated spot for the high school football team to gather on Tuesday nights. It's tradition to watch videos from games of this week's opposing team, so the guys can check out the competition, and watch their strategies or whatever. (I actually don't know what they do.) It's Ben's senior year and we are glad to have him volunteer our house for this kind of thing. In a short year, our second son will be out of the house and we will wish for the days we had a house full of football players.

I thought I had everything covered: 5 pounds of taco meat in the big crock pot, a small crock pot of nacho cheese, several bags of chips, 2 pans of bars, a couple of gallons of koolaid....And then the boys arrived ! They started in on the food and I couldn't believe how fast it was going! I think there were about 15 guys, but they kept coming back for food, so it seemed like there were dozens more. At one point, I panicked a little and sent Perry to Fareway for more tortillas. But as it turned out, we had plenty of food, so I shouldn't have worried. 

All the guys were so appreciative, which makes them fun to cook for. I don't ordinarily get much thanks or praise for whipping up dinner, so I was eating it up ! There are a lot of fun things about the football season, and now I can add Tuesday night ego-boosts to the list.


No comments: