Saturday, August 2, 2008

IKEA...here I come!

I've been looking forward to this for months. Perry has promised me a trip to Minneapolis and free reign at my favorite store. This is my Christmas, birthday and Mother's Day gift all rolled into one. It was love at first sight the very first time I visited that store. I love the modern styled furniture, bright fun colors, and unique style of everything from home accessories to kitchen gadgets. Most importantly, I get such a kick out of discovering fun things for my house and classroom that are so cheap!

It will require at least two separate visits to the store to make sure I have seen everything. Perry is so patient and understanding with me. He also knows his limitations and realizes that he will need to make other plans while I power shop. I think he would rather do just about anything than follow me around that huge store for hours. 

What am I shopping for? Well, I'm on a mission to find some nice looking storage to replace the huge tubs that seem to be stacked everywhere in my classroom. I hate clutter, so keeping my "stuff" out of sight makes my days at school much happier. IKEA has containers and storage that actually seems decorative, and when I walk through their department of organizational supplies, I feel like I'm that much closer to getting my life under control.

Beyond that, I'm not really sure... sometimes I don't know what I "need" until I see it ! :)

1 comment:

Iowa State Fans said...

I love IKEA when we lived in Houston.....many, many trips there :) I hope you scored BIG at the one in Minneapolis :)

Are you ready for school to start?