Saturday, March 8, 2008

Thanking God for the weekend


I was so thankful to wake up this morning and realize it's the weekend ! A quiet day to catch up at home on the many things I let go during the week. My kitchen floor has a layer of something gritty on it, we are out of milk, and the sink is overflowing with dirty dishes. At the moment, Pearl is busy ripping the guts (stuffing) out of one of her toys, so fluffy bits will soon be scattered around the main floor of the house. I see muddy footprints on the rug from Sam's boots, which reminds me that spring is definitely on the way. He must have found a thawed patch of ground during his paper route yesterday.
And here I sit, drinking coffee and tapping away at the computer. Why did I decide to start this blog? Maybe it's because I love to read the entries from Jolene's, Darci's, and Melinda's blogs. Maybe it's because I know that journaling is good for a person's mental health, a time to reflect on life's priorities and blessings. Maybe it's because I've been so terrible about keeping in touch with the people I care about, and this will be a simple solution to emailing friends and family on a regular basis. Or maybe, it's another way to justify my time in front of the computer

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to catch up with you via your blog. But where did Sam find mud yesterday? Every bit of ground around my house is frozen solid - not that I'm complaining!

Jolene

Iowa State Fans said...

I am glad you started blogging :) I wouldn't be able to live without my blog! Thanks for sharing!
mindy

Laura B said...

Melinda sent me the link to your blog - good to hear you! One of these days I will actually sit down and write on mine!

Have a peaceful rest of the weekend-
Laura Ballard

Anonymous said...

I love your blog. Keep it up. I know I'm your mother and I'm extremely prejudiced but when you write I can hear you speaking every word. Makes me feel like we are having coffee and good chat.