Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Random Things...

I have been challenged to write 25 random things about me. Ok, here goes:

1. I was born on Midway Island. My dad was stationed there in the navy, so my birth certificate says "State of Hawaii" on the top. What? I don't look like a Hawaiian native??

2.I teach in the same elementary building where I went to school as a child. In fact, I teach first grade in my old first grade classroom.

3. All 3 of my babies were born by c-section.

4. I have a very difficult time sitting still. I fidget. A lot. This drives my husband insane.

5. My whole life I planned to be a nurse and now I'm a teacher.

6. I am a hopeless animal lover. Seeing my dogs is one of the best things about coming home at the end of each day. I have a hard time sleeping if they're not next to me.

7. I have one younger brother who used to spend his childhood days thinking of ways to antagonize me. Now I think he's hilarious.

8. I'm a pretty adventurous eater. My kids tease me about always ordering the weirdest thing on the menu at restaurants. One thing I really dislike is ketchup.

9. I don't like going to concerts. This is weird, I know. I like the idea of going to concerts, I just don't like paying for the tickets, and fighting the crowds. Plus I think I have a short attention span.

10. I used to be a perfectionist before kids. Now I stay sane because I keep lowering my standards.

11. I love to read and can't get to sleep at night if I don't read something first.

12.I have had laser eye surgery. It was the best thing I ever did!

13. I'm working on re-learning spanish, and hope to become fluent one day.

14. A few years ago, I decided to quit just calling myself a Christian, and start working on living like one.

15. I hardly ever cry. If I go to a movie that everyone says is a tear-jerker, mine will be the only dry eyes in the place.   The rare times I shed tears, it catches me completely off guard.

16. I was once Joey's cub scout leader. Really. Stop laughing.

17. My hands hurt almost every day. I have been told this is an early form of arthritis.

18. I am way too young and cool to have an early form of arthritis.

19. I love to sing and have a song running through my head almost continually. 

20. Laughter is an important part of my life. I continually look for the humor in life's situations. The only thing I like better than a good laugh is an opportunity to crack somebody else up.

21. I can't stand it if my bed doesn't get made each day. The entire bedroom can be a mess, but as long as the bed is made, I'm happy. 

22. IKEA is my all time favorite store.

23. I am cold all the time and wear turtlenecks every day from November to March.

24. My pet peeve? when people don't do what they say they're going to.

25. I am a small-car kind of person. I drive a Focus and it suits me perfectly. Big trucks and SUVs overwhelm me. I can't seem to manage the running boards and they are impossible to get out of without embarrassing myself.

No comments: