Sunday, January 4, 2009

Resolutions

When people ask me if I'm making a New Year's resolution, I'm always tempted to say yes. I really don't make resolutions for the new year, because as anyone who knows me well, I fill the ENTIRE year making resolutions for myself. March 11? I'm sure to have a new goal for keeping my classroom organized. October 3? Bet I'm resolving to get to exercise class at the Y. June 24? I'm probably mapping out a plan for my family to eat healthier. 

I drive myself a bit crazy with things like this, and my mom has often told me that I'm my own worst enemy. So, making a special resolution just because it's the new year feels unnecessary to me. Maybe I should just resolve to keep all my other resolutions going. But in the spirit of the season, it's tempting to jot down a few....

My new(est) resolutions:

Stop eating Christmas cookies for breakfast. (The supply is dwindling, so I may succeed at this one. Always set goals that are attainable, right?)

Quit bringing so much school work home with me in the evening. Leave school at school, and quit using family time for lesson plans.

Resist the urge to log on to Facebook until my bible study is done for the day. (Sigh.)

Learn to shave my legs without being such a hacker. Do this before I become anemic. It's getting ridiculous.

Keep up with my ironing pile. At least get clothes pressed and on a hanger before they go out of season (or out of style)

Keep exercising on a regular basis. Maybe stop yelling "Uncle!" during weightlifting class when it gets hard. It's supposed to be hard. Duh.

Simplify my life, instead of just hanging decorative signs around my house with that word on it. Maybe show some integrity and buy a sign that says, "COMPLICATE"

Stop making so many resolutions.






No comments: