Friday, May 9, 2008

The Man-Cave















 

The new pool table was delivered today, and Perry, Ben, Sam and Perry's dad have already spent hours down in the basement. The only sad part is not having Joey home to be a part of it.

I have teased Perry throughout this project about how the idea of a pool table turned into a "Pandora's Box". First there was the huge job of sorting out my workroom and relocating my stuff to Joe's old bedroom. Next, there was the decision to knock out a wall and expand the basement into one large open area. After that, there were the many snags we encountered with trying to match carpet and paint colors. (Who knew that the basement carpet we layed less than a year ago would be discontinued already?!) I haven't been able to park my car in the garage for three weeks because there have been construction materials in the way.

Wednesday night, my grumbling subsided as we cleaned up the last of the drywall dust.  Perry and I spent hours vacuuming and wiping down furniture, then moved the furniture to the new side of the basement to make room for the pool table on the old side. 

I have to admit, even though all this seemed expensive and unnecessary, it will be a neat place for all the boys and their friends to hang out. Can you just imagine the testosterone??



No comments: